Is fear stopping you from being your authentic self? Many of us hold back who we are. We allow fear to stop us from shining our own brilliant light.
Is fear is keeping you from living life? Maybe fear has trapped you. Do you feel everything around you and have become isolated because you fear what you’ll pick up? Sensitive people or empath are susceptible to other people’s energy and emotions. Many empath become frozen in life because of the fear of what they feel.
Sometimes fear can be very subtle, blocking you without you even realizing it. You feel like you are doing everything you need to be doing to achieve your dreams but yet, nothing seems to gel or work and if feels like for every step forward you end up taking two steps backwards. You are frustrated and starting to question yourself, the validity of your dreams and your ability to pursue them. You are even getting angry with yourself for the time, money and sacrifice you have invested.
Fears can be deep rooted and some stem back to childhood, where you developed a belief that no longer serves you. For starters here are a few ways to start breaking down your fears. Remember be gentle with yourself, this is a healing process.
Fear can manifest in our dreams as nightmares. In our relationships as insecurity. It can become our shadow, when left unchecked. We can hold fear in our bodies, causing health problems, anxiety and depression.
You have to acknowledge the fear. Sometimes, even this step is scary and hard. But fear isn’t going anywhere until you acknowledge it. The fear is here to tell you something. It’s here for a reason. Trust its timing.
2. Where is the fear in your body? Take time to feel where you are holding it. I tend to hold fear in my neck, shoulders and stomach.
3. Breathe into that space with love and compassion. Take your time. Take deep loving breathes into that space. If needed ground yourself first.
4. Start asking the fear questions
a. What do you want?
b. What’s your message/purpose?
c. Get clear and specific on what exactly the fear is trying to tell you. (For some meditation helps here, don’t censor any images, thoughts, feelings, beliefs that come to you. Just let them come)
5. Listen with compassion. Again, don’t judge your fear, it's trying to tell you something; just let it tell you what’s going on.
6. Work with the fear.
a. Ask what can I do to ease the you (the fear)?
b. What makes the fear feel okay?
7. Give examples of people who have what you want or are doing what you are afraid of.
8. What have you learned from your fear, what insight have you gained and what do you now understand about your fear?
9. How can you affirm and remember what you have learned to be true and possible? (Quotes are great. As well as, affirmations, remember with affirmations you have to believe them. If you don’t believe it when you say your affirmation work with it until it feels believable. Here, take from what your fear said would make it feel okay and use this for an affirmation.)
10. Thank your fear.
If you are still feeling stuck or realize that your fear doesn’t want to budge reach out to trusted professional, such as a counselor or therapist.
Did this help? Was one of the steps harder than the rest? I’d love to hear from you!